‘Titanic’ director won’t help in search for MH370, says report

0
278

Academy Award-winning director James Cameron has reportedly backed out of earlier offers to assist in the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. Andre Milne, who is a volunteer investigator in the hunt for MH370, said attempts to approach Cameron for help had been snubbed.“We asked Mr Cameron for help in the search effort whom thus far has shown zero interest in MH370,” he was quoted as saying by UK daily Express.

Cameron, who showcased his expertise in deep sea diving in films like “The Abyss” and “Titanic”, had reportedly offered advice during earlier stages of the search.The film director had then told investigators that the “pings” emitted by the aircraft’s flight recorders were their best hope for finding the plane.However, over a year later, all efforts to locate the Boeing 777 have proven fruitless.

Flight MH370 went missing en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014. All 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board are presumed dead after an official declaration from the government on January 29, classifying the incident as an accident based on international aviation rules.Milne, a military aviation technology expert, has challenged the Australian government’s theory that the aircraft crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, calling it a “criminal act of fabrication of evidence”.

Milne also threw doubt on Australia’s decision to disregard the findings of scientific firm GeoResonance, which said MH370 might have crashed in the Bay of Bengal. This is contrary to widespread belief that the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean.Most recently, he called into question a theory by investigator Bruce Robertson who suggested that toxic fumes from a fire caused by lithium-ion batteries on board had caused the plane to crash.

In a letter seen and quoted by Express, Milne said the cargo hold of the plane which would likely have been flying at 37,000 feet would have been “too cold” to trigger a fire. He added that it would have been “virtually impossible” for the pilots to inhale the fumes as the hold was sealed off from the main cabin.The official search for MH370 has focused on the southern Indian Ocean along a rugged 60,000 sq km patch of sea floor some 1,600km from Perth.Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said the first phase of the search mission would conclude at the end of the month.

“If we still can’t find the remains, Malaysia is committed to continue with the second phase next month on the JACC, an action committee jointly formed by Malaysia, China and Australia,” he was reported saying. – July 1, 2015.

Spread the News :-
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •