No ransom paid for M’sians’ release from kidnappers: PM

0
142

KUALA LUMPUR: No ransom was paid for the release of Tayudin Anjut, 46, and Abdul Rahim Summas, 63, who were abducted in Lahad Datu last July.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak thanked all quarters, including the police, Wisma Putra, Kelab Putera 1Malaysia (KP1M) and the Filipino authorities on the joint-effort to rescue the duo.

“There are three more being held, and we will do all we can to save them.

“We will work together with the Filipino authorities,” Najib told reporters after a meeting with the duo and their families at his residence in Taman Duta, here today.

Both men were reunited with their families today after arriving from Manila last night.

Najib said the two men spoke of their eight-month ordeal, and how it had greatly distressed their spouses and family members.

“The stress on their wives and families was immense throughout their detention,” he said.

On the aid to be rendered to the duo, Najib said both men will be placed in the first class ward of the Selayang Hospital for their medical treatment.

He said Tayudin’s eyesight has been impaired and he requires surgery, while Rahim is unable to walk properly.

“We will give them the best treatment possible,” he said.

On the remaining hostages, Najib called on them to be patient and said: “We will do all we can to save them.”

On Thursday, the Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCom) confirmed they were rescued by Filipino security forces in an operation in the south of the republic.

Tayudin and Abdul Rahim, crew members of the tugboat Serudong Tiga, were abducted in the waters of Dent Haven, Lahad Datu, on July 18 last year.

Three other Serudong Tiga crew members are still being held by Abu Sayyaf terrorists. They are Fandy Bakran, 27, Mohd Jumadil Rahim, 24 and Mohd Ridzuan Ismail, 33.-NST

Spread the News :-
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •