MACC moves in on possible embezzlement of RM25mil of MCMC funds

0
131

PETALING JAYA: Graft busters have launched a probe on the embezzlement of Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission funds totalling some RM25mil for 1Malaysia Negaraku projects which failed to be implemented.

A senior officer of the National Film Development Corporation (Finas) with a “Datuk” title is believed to be involved in the embezzlement.

Sources familiar with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) investigations said it involved around 10 projects, most of which the Datuk had a hand in.

It is also learnt that the Datuk was instructed by former Communications and Multimedia minister Datuk Seri Salleh Said Keruak to manage the revenue and payments at Finas for the projects.

The senior officer has the power to authorise offer letters to companies that were appointed on the instructions of the former minister.

He had also allegedly approved payments for the projects even though they were not carried out.

“The minister at that time, also ordered the senior officer to use the RM25mil for the projects.

“The MACC has gone to the companies involved to obtain related documents for further investigations,” the source said, adding that more than 70 other people have also been identified to facilitate the probe.

The anti-graft agency had also recorded statements from four individuals, including the Finas Director-General Datuk Fauzi Ayob and MCMC officers earlier on Tuesday (July 3).

MACC deputy chief commissioner (operation) Datuk Seri Azam Baki confirmed the ongoing probe but declined to comment further. – The Star

Spread the News :-
  • 5
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    5
    Shares