Lester Melanyi confirms statement recorded by police

0
134

KUCHING: Former Sarawak Tribune editor, Lester Melanyi today confirmed that his statement was recorded by a Bukit Aman probe team in Kuching last week. Lester said he gave his statement and detailed whatever he knew about the alleged fabrication of facts concerning 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) by the Sarawak Report. “I was questioned by the probe team at a hotel here on July 17 and 18. “I went there (hotel) on Friday morning to meet them (police) and spent the whole day in a hotel room. I returned on the next day again for another round of questioning,” he said. Lester said he had told police everything that he knew about Sarawak Report and his video confession. Meanwhile, state police commissioner Datuk Muhammad Sabtu Osman confirmed police had recorded Lester’s statement but declined to elaborate further, “Sorry. I cannot comment on this issue as the investigation is being conducted by Bukit Aman. “I also have no further details as we are only assisting them,” he said via a Short Message Service (SMS). Meanwhile, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar refused to comment on the matter. “Maybe later,” he said when contacted through a SMS. – NST

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here