In a press statement today , Dato’ Sri Anifah Haji Aman, Minister of Foreign Affairs responded to Lim Kit Siang’s recent statement implicating Anifah with funds from Prime Minister’s account in relation with on-going stories about 1MDB.
“I did not receive any funds from YAB Prime Minister’s personal account”, he stressed.
“I would urge YB Lim Kit Siang to stop insinuating any wrongdoing on my part without evidence. I would not hesitate appropriate action if YB Lim Kit Siang continues in the same vein”, he said.
Yesterday, Lim Kit Siang in particular to named the following eight Ministers and two deputy ministers to declare the funds they had alleged received from Najib’s RM2.6 billion personal accounts :
1. Hishammuddin Hussein – Defence Minister.
2. Azalina Othman – Minister in Prime Minister’s Department.
3. Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah – Second Finance Minister.
4. Liow Tiong Lai – Transport Minister.
5. Anifah Aman – Foreign Minister.
6. Ismail Sabry – Rural and Regional Development Minister.
7. Ahmad Shabery Cheek – Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Minister
8. Madzir Khalid – Education Minister
9. Tajuddin Abdul Rahman – Deputy Agriculture Minister
10. Razali Ibrahim – Deputy Minister, Prime Minister’s Department
However , majority of them have denied the allegation and threaten to proceed with legal action if the DAP Advisor continues to insinuate and mislead the public.